Test your alarm system regularly to ensure its functionality
Regular testing of your alarm system ensures that all communication paths are functioning as they should. Sometimes wires are cut intentionally or unintentionally, regular testing ensures that all wiring and wireless connections are also working as they should. In order to ensure that no emergency services are dispatched while testing the system we will need you to call us and tell us that you are planning on testing your system There are a few easy steps that you have to take to test your system, here they are:
Testing Communication to our Monitoring Center
- Call 1-888-898-6173 and ask to have your alarm system put in “TEST” mode. You will need your account number to place the system in test. You can find your account number on the paperwork, or call us at 1-844-230-2730 to find out what it is.
- To avoid deployment of emergency services, your alarm system MUST be placed in “TEST” mode.
- Arm your alarm system and wait until the delay has expired. Ensure that your system is fully armed.
- Open a door or window that is monitored by the alarm system. Once the siren is triggered, wait at least 45 seconds to disarm the system.
- Call 1-888-898-6173 back to confirm the signal has been received and request your system be taken out of “TEST” mode.
This test will ensure that your alarm system is properly connected to the monitoring center and that all alarm signals are received. We recommend that you also regularly ensure that all sensors are working correctly by perform the test below.
Testing your Sensory Equipment
- Verify that the system is in “READY” mode and NOT ARMED. The system must be disarmed to avoid accidental emergency dispatch.
- Trigger each sensor individually by triggering the sensor. (Note: wireless motion detectors will only send a trigger signal every 3 minutes when disarmed)
- Check that the control panel displays the sensor you are testing as a trouble, you may have to press the “*” button depending on your type of system.
- Ensure to restore the sensor condition to normal. The keypad should revert to “READY” mode.
- Repeat this procedure for each sensor in the system.
If you have any questions or something didn’t quite go right during testing call us at 1-844-230-2730. To place your system in test contact our monitoring center at 1-888-898-6173. Advise our monitoring center of your account number, and they will be able to place your account on test. Call them again to take the system off test.